Case Manager and Trial Paralegal
Flexible – Dependent on Experience
A prestigious boutique litigation law firm headquartered in Washington, DC is seeking a seasoned and proactive Paralegal to join their busy and growing team. You will have the opportunity to work with tenured Partners and Associates in a team-oriented atmosphere assisting with complex and substantive tasks. Essential to the role will be your ability to work hard and with attention to detail while adhering to strict deadlines and filing protocols. The firm offers a great reputation, outstanding benefits, generous compensation for your hard work, and a metro-accessible location.
About the Job:
- Manage complex litigation matters from start to finish.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for depositions and trials, and ensure that logistics, filings and deadlines are proactively managed.
- Proofread, edit, Bluebook, Shepardize and file briefs.
- Utilize the latest legal software packages to coordinate discovery, maintain documents and prepare for trial.
- Consult with attorneys and legal assistants on best practices and procedures.
- Conduct research, summarize findings, and collaborate with case team on winning strategies.
- Experienced. You have at least five or more years of full life cycle litigation experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
- Detailed. You have a keen eye for grammar and edits.
- Flexible. You are comfortable putting in extra hours as needed.
- Overachiever. You are proactive and take initiative. Going above and beyond is in your DNA.
- Deadline-driven. You have a deep appreciation for deadlines and exceeding expectations.
- Team Oriented. You are eager to assist others and have the judgment to know when to ask for additional resources.
Hawthorne Lane is a boutique recruitment firm specializing in administrative and operations support placement. Our mission is to do great work in the eyes of the people we are fortunate enough to serve. The quality of the match between our candidates and our clients is the true measure of our success. We look forward to getting to know you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.