Entry Level Paralegal/Project Assistant
$40,000 - $45,000
The Washington, DC office of a large national law firm is seeking a Project Assistant to support the firm’s paralegals and attorneys with a wide variety of responsibilities. In this role, you will play a critical part in preparing filings, assisting with administrative projects, and conducting research related to active cases. Candidates with a strong interest in law who are looking to transition into a legal environment that endorses stability and a supportive culture should submit their resume for immediate consideration.
About the Job:
- Provide administrative and substantive support to litigation, intellectual property and international trade practice areas.
- Assist with projects related to document organization, collection, labeling and production.
- Coordinate meetings, schedules, travel logistics, and deliverables.
- Prepare documents for upcoming meetings, update the team on approaching deadlines, and follow-through with appropriate documentation.
- Communicate in Spanish and English, and translate documents from Spanish to English.
- Degreed. Four-year degree and 3.5 GPA or higher required.
- Writing and editing-whiz. You can clearly express ideas in your writing and spot grammatical errors in documents. Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
- Articulate. It’s essential that you possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed. You know how critical quality work is to a legal case. Organization and an eye for detail are key.
- Team Oriented. You enjoy working with others and appreciate a collaborative work environment.
- Committed. You are willing to come in early, stay late, and do whatever it takes to get the job done right and on time.
Hawthorne Lane is a boutique recruitment firm specializing in administrative and operations support placement.Our mission is to do great work in the eyes of the people we are fortunate enough to serve. The quality of the match between our candidates and clients is the true measure of our success.We look forward to getting to know you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.