One Firm, Several Legal Secretary Openings
Flexible – Dependent on Experience
The Washington, DC office of a growing international law firm has recently added many new attorneys to their ranks, and is now looking to hire several experienced legal secretaries to support them. In these newly created roles, you will provide administrative support to busy Associates and Partners in various practice areas including litigation, corporate and international law. In addition to assisting with exciting legal work and helping attorneys finalize critical documents, you will also be called on to coordinate client meetings and travel itineraries. This friendly firm offers work/life balance, minimal overtime, generous benefits and competitive compensation in plush offices convenient to two Metro lines. If you have at least two or more years of administrative law firm experience, we want to see your resume!
About the Job:
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings, and coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal staff and departments, as well as external clients.
- Prepare documents for upcoming meetings, update the team on approaching deadlines, and follow-through with appropriate documentation for casework management.
- Manage and organize client/matter forms while combing through documents for typos and grammatical errors.
- Prepare and process expense reports and receipts.
- Support special projects delegated by attorneys, in addition to planning client events.
- Experience. The ideal candidate has a minimum of two more years of previous legal administrative experience.
- Adaptable. You can adjust your work style to fit the needs of the attorneys.
- Detailed. Organization and an eye for detail are key.
- Communicative. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and you proactively provide status updates to keep your team apprised on your progress.
- Tech Savvy. You are a quick typist and an expert at using MS Office. Document management software experience preferred.
Hawthorne Lane is a boutique recruitment firm specializing in administrative and operations support placement. Our mission is to do great work in the eyes of the people we are fortunate enough to serve. The quality of the match between our candidates and clients is the true measure of our success. We look forward to getting to know you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.