Transactional Corporate Paralegal
Flexible – Dependent on Experience
The Washington, DC office of a large global law firm is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join their busy team. If you have previous experience in investment services and securities regulatory matters, then this could be a great opportunity with a growing Am Law 200 law firm. Their dynamic office culture strives to reward employees for their hard work and dedication in a friendly environment.
About the Job:
- Provide paralegal support to attorneys specializing in corporate transactions, securities filings, financial regulations and investment services.
- Prepare SEC filings using various forms.
- Assist with various corporate transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and private equity investments.
- Draft and maintain closing checklists and manage closing deliverables.
- Review and organize due diligence materials.
- Coordinate additional substantive research and writing projects as needed.
- Experienced. You have at least five or more years previous experience with a corporate or securities practice in a law firm, as well as a four-year degree. Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Motivated. You enjoy being proactive. Meeting deadlines is in your DNA.
- Detail oriented. You strive for perfection in your work product. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Tech savvy. You have advanced knowledge of MS Office and SEC EDGAR database.
- Organized. You have strong organizational abilities and enjoy developing systems to streamline processes and procedures.
Hawthorne Lane is a boutique recruitment firm specializing in administrative and operations support placement. Our mission is to do great work in the eyes of the people we are fortunate enough to serve. The quality of the match between our candidates and clients is the true measure of our success. We look forward to getting to know you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.